Close

Angry e3d v6 Hotend and i3v

My hot end bit the dust today. If I were to buy the e3d v6 what would I need to install it? I'm currently running with the improved hexagon cooling mount by clough42. I obviously can't print additional parts,so if I could by them somewhere that would be great.

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    you had a hexagon croak on you? how did it break - interested because I just bought two of them.

Engineer
    My E3D mounted with the JHead groovemount plate that came with my printer kit. Nothing special was needed. I do not think it will work with clough2's hexagon cooling mount, as it's different size in diameter and length, to my great frustration.

Technician
    I've had problems with two hexagons. I believe that the E3d will work with the standard MF mount. I printed a mount for mine because I hooked it to a Bulldog Lite. I have had very little trouble with the E3d. in about three months it has only jammed twice and both times were when I pulled hot filament back up into the head and it cooled. The thermal break is very good and getting hot filament above it will cause a jam. In each case, I took it apart and easily cleaned it out.

My experiences with the hexagon were not as successful once they were jammed.

Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyCooks View Post
    you had a hexagon croak on you? how did it break - interested because I just bought two of them.

Stupidity on my part. I was tightening it and snapped the shaft. I'm a moron like that.

Whats your location I could fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunguru View Post
    Stupidity on my part. I was tightening it and snapped the shaft. I'm a moron like that.