Close

Ordered 3D Creator Pro, but received the Dreamer model; advice?

Hi:

I ordered the 3D Creator Pro from B&H, but when I opened the package this morning, I discovered it was the Dreamer model :-( I've already requested the RMA from B&H, but I wanted to check on this forum before I return it - what are the differences between the two? Currently they both seem to be priced the same (and have the $150 rebate). Should I keep or send it for the other model (which seems to be somewhat more capable)?

Anil

PS: This is my first 3DP, FWIW.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil Kalagatla View Post
    Hi:

I ordered the 3D Creator Pro from B&H, but when I opened the package this morning, I discovered it was the Dreamer model :-( I've already requested the RMA from B&H, but I wanted to check on this forum before I return it - what are the differences between the two? Currently they both seem to be priced the same (and have the $150 rebate). Should I keep or send it for the other model (which seems to be somewhat more capable)?

Anil

PS: This is my first 3DP, FWIW.
    flashforge-creator-pro-vs-dreamer-tobuya3dprintercom.jpg

Thanks Geoff. I saw that, but could not decide based on it :-) Realizing that most people have not used both models, may be I can rephrase my question: have folks had any issues with the Dreamer or found it limiting in some way? I spent a decent amount of time reading about the Creator Pro before I ordered, so it's a little confusing to get the other model that I had not done any research on. I had been looking forward to setting up and playing with the printer over the holdays, so I'm trying to decide whether I should just keep it.

Anil

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I would get the Creator Pro. The dreamer isn't that much of a dream.

Thanks, that's what I ended up deciding - otherwise I'll probably keep second guessing myself :-) But a bummer that they ended up sending the wrong model - doesn't seem to be a B&H issue as the printer is drop shipped from FF.

Anil

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    I would get the Creator Pro. The dreamer isn't that much of a dream.

I've had the Dreamer for a month and a half now, also my first printer. I haven't had any issues with it, like it quite a bit. There are far more challenges with my lack of 3D modeling skills than any shortcomings with the printer itself.