Close

Large Volume 3dPrinter

Hey maker community

I work for 3d print lab and we're looking to get some larger build printer. We have currently 2 z18's what a waste they are. The printers we've been looking at are the solidoodle workbench, type a machine series 1, Gigabot, Creatr HS, and lastly the F306 printer which was recommended here.

We're looking for something that's about a cubic foot in build volume. That with some sort of LCD interface that utilize SD or USB for recieving gcode. As well as low maintenance and fast build that idealy take 1.75 ABS and PLA.

My question is if anyone has used any of these printers and may have any words of wisdom to take into consideration while finding a new printer.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    I assume you mean 12" cubed, not 2.29" cubed? 3 cubic feet build volume as opposed to a cubic foot?

Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    I assume you mean 12" cubed, not 2.29" cubed? 3 cubic feet build volume as opposed to a cubic foot?
    Here is a reference to what I meant, as well as the rest of the US, when I said a cubic foot. Thus the MASS confusion will be taken care of
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubic_foot

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    - If you have 2 MakerBot z18's why would you only strive for a cubic foot? The z18 has more than a cubic foot of build volume (1.475 ft/cubed to be exact) at a build area of 11.8"X12"X18".

Quote Originally Posted by GOC View Post
    - If you have 2 MakerBot z18's why would you only strive for a cubic foot? The z18 has more than a cubic foot of build volume (1.475 ft/cubed to be exact) at a build area of 11.8"X12"X18".

Hmmm your reply only makes lets me know you've never used a Z18 or a Replicator 5th Gen. The new technologies they attempted to implement fell way short of the mark. And this is my experience with 4 of their printers. 3 words can sum them up.

Inconsistent

Tedious

Lethargic

Fusion3s F306 meets all your criteria;
    1) 12"x12"x12" build volume
    2) Uses most materials including those listed (doesn't do filaflex, ninja flex yet...)
    3) Prints via SD card storage
    4) Very fast
    5) Very reliable / durable

Technician
    There is 2 gigantic 3D printers at 3Dfilamenta Marketspace, check it out:
    1. MakerPi M4141 (Print Volume: 410 x 410 x 410 mm) , the current design is not finished yet, but email customer service they will get u same but with old design unless u wanna wait

2. Ultibot Giant (build volume of 600x600x800)

As for these two, all I can say is nr 1 have superb quality when talking about print quality.

Engineer-in-Training
    Seems the F306 is a good one, and also maybe a GigaBot.

Engineer
    if you were looking for REALLY BIG then the gigabot or maybe the others mentioned above but for a cubic foot you would not be sorry with the f306. probably one of the best printers going currently.

Great big print volume, perfect price, amazing customer support.
    couldnt be happier with my rostock...
    seemecnc.com

disclosure - i do NOT work for them.. just love their printers...