Close

Aurora 3D Prusa i3

Hi,

I recently got my first 3D printer, SeresRoad Aurora 3D Prusa i3. I went together easily and I was able to start printing fairly quickly. Support for this model seems non existent. The only issue I seem to have is that the printer does not start printing in the center of the table. The X axis is off the most and none of the printer setup parameters in the repetier-host software seems to affect anything. Anyone have any thoughts on how to adjust the offsets to get the center right?

I'm still figuring out the various knobs in the different slicer programs. I drew a gear and it printed fine. For a larger gear, seems that leaving it comb filled is fine. Is there a way to tell the slicer ( or something to do in the model ) to have a solid hub area for the axle/pin?

It seems like there's lots to learn and then lots I can do once I understand the details of how all this works and interacts.

As far far as the printer, the one I have is claimed to be an upgraded 2014 version. From what I can tell, many of the complaints I read prior to buying it have been addressed.

Thanks

Joel

Hi,

I was able to figure out some of my issues. I found the firmware settings that allow be to adjust the X, Y, Z travel. There was also an offset there, but I was able to get the offset with repetier-host to work. after setting the offset, had to re slice the model. Things now land in the center of the table.

Still having issues getting things to print solid. I tried setting shell thickness to some value larger than the model size and setting the fill to 100%. Neither printed a solid object.

Joel

Do you have the mks base v1.1 control board? if so can you share the firmware with me please??

Mine is a Melzi 2.x board, sorry.

Engineer-in-Training
    How are these acrylic frame machines for long-term use without cracking or warping the frame?