Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That makes sense. You don't happen to have an squirrel cage fan recommendations do you? haha

Technician
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=squirrel+cage+fan

Funny you mention it, sunon and delta fans are good quality. Look for one with liquid filled bearings and not bushings.

Oh psch, you could have easily skipped the lmgtfy. haha

Technologist
    I don't think you will have any problem with standard pc water cooling parts. The pump that I use on my pc has been working for several years now without any hickups. I also wouldn't think you'll have any problems with standard tygon tubing with the amount of flexing you will be doing. I use this in my work and have never had any failures. It is plenty flexible and will be fine. One thing though - you are always taking a chance with water cooling and its close proximity to electronics. Keep this in mind when you are working on the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    The Stratasys chamber is sealed. It used one four inch fan to blow air over the back of the extrusion head, 4X4 inch fans to circulate air and one four inch to blow air over the printed material on the SST, the BST doesn't have a fan to blow the print,. The temperature is 70c and is fixed under normal use. It is possible to change it but only by "hacking" the machine and I have never found a need to, 70c is optimum for ABS, I have tried lots of temperatures above and below but 70 performs best.
    Stratasys motors are outside of the chamber. Stratasys doesn't print PLA, if you're ABS only you don't need cool air on an E3Dv6.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoret View Post
    Stratasys motors are outside of the chamber. Stratasys doesn't print PLA, if you're ABS only you don't need cool air on an E3Dv6.
    Stratasys 768 motors are inside the chamber.

PLA is possible if you change the temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    PLA is possible if you change the temperatures.
    Is that speaking from experience or a personal hypothesis?

Stratasys printers don't have a heated bed, so you'll have trouble printing PLA on them - either you'll have to heat the chamber and the hotend will jam, or you'll have to print on a cold bed and you'll get part warp.

PLA has a Tg of 60C, which is where you'd want to set the heated bed (but you can't, and setting the build environment to the polymer's Tg = jammed hotend)

Senior Engineer
    Speaking from experience. I have only printed PLA once and it was with the Stratasys. I bought 25 metres just to see if it would print OK. I don't use PLA as I prefer ABS but had to try it.

The bed is heated by the chamber. It is not possible to have a cold bed and a heated chamber unless you have refrigeration plant on the bed.

Suggest you buy a Stratasys and try it.

A significant number of people use PLA in place of the Stratasys support material as it is cheap and will dissolve in D-limonene.

IF heated chamber = cold THEN bed = cold AND part = warped
    IF heated chamber = warm THEN bed = warm AND hotend = jammed

That was my point. Never said anything about making the heated chamber warm and the bed cold. What temperature did you set the build environment to?

You say "a significant number", but I cannot find any examples on Google. Do you have any examples?

"Suggest you drop $20k and try it" is hardly helpful.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoret View Post
    IF heated chamber = cold THEN bed = cold AND part = warped
    IF heated chamber = warm THEN bed = warm AND hotend = jammed

That was my point. Never said anything about making the heated chamber warm and the bed cold. What temperature did you set the build environment to?

You say "a significant number", but I cannot find any examples on Google. Do you have any examples?

"Suggest you drop $20k and try it" is hardly helpful.
    Well if you don't have one and you won't buy one then why don't you stop giving advice about something that you know nothing about.

Your caps lock key seems to be intermittently stuck on, suggest you buy a new keyboard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12