Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    as a heads up check the fit of your relay and rambo board holder before painting. you may need to modify the board holder slightly wouldnt want you to do that after painting.
    Hi Sniffle, not sure if you were addressing Adamfilip or me (or both?) but when i get mine I'll be checking the fit of everything - structure, boards, PSU, all electrical connections, and so forth. I have no problem with making whatever modifications or improvements I want to see in the finished printer. Indeed I have several ideas for changes/improvements already in mind, and I'll be using my first printer to create whatever necessary custom components I need to "GitRDone"

more of a general warning when buying the 12" :-)

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
    I'm thinking about painting mine when I get it as well, would like to see your pics to get an idea. How much effort was it to paint with the lacquer and finish coats? I'm not much of a painting guru but I'd like to do something paint-wise that is fairly easy yet provides a decent finish...
    20141217_022102.jpg20141217_022045.jpg

this might not be the best pictures but you will get an idea .. you just need apply Thin coats (3-4) and let it dry for 30 min - to 1 hour between coats . i didnt apply primer or anything also make sure your surface is clean and dust free and do it in a ventilated area .

Quote Originally Posted by pichuete View Post
    20141217_022102.jpg20141217_022045.jpg

this might not be the best pictures but you will get an idea .. you just need apply Thin coats (3-4) and let it dry for 30 min - to 1 hour between coats . i didnt apply primer or anything also make sure your surface is clean and dust free and do it in a ventilated area .
    Wow, I like the black color - thanks for sharing the pics. Still waiting for mine to arrive, looks like it may be Saturday before I have the box delivered to my door...

Engineer
    Do you paint the wood while still connected to the others or separate them into individual components. Clear coat?

Technician
    the best option is to paint it while all the pieces are attached that way you can apply the same amount of paint specially to those tiny pieces . in my case some of the parts where detached already probably during shipping .

i didn't use clear coat . lacquer paint already give you a nice semi glossy finish and i didnt want to put an excessive amount of paint that can compromise the fit of the build specially in holes . but definitely you can replace a layer of laquer for a clear coat one if you already got a nice finish. or add it as a finish layer.

Grats

Congrats on the purchase. I just finished putting together the 10". It was my first time as well and I have no electronics building experience. I actually just started printing yesterday. Kinda hit and miss with the lifting issues I had but its a great learning experience. I actually purchased mine for my 12 year old niece to learn.

spelling correction edit
    Last edited by Noneya0069; 12-31-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Engineer
    My order just shipped! cant wait for it to arrive. 10 day lead time.. feels like forever

Wink Cool

Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    My order just shipped! cant wait for it to arrive. 10 day lead time.. feels like forever
    Take your time and follow the instructions. I kinda rushed it a little bit and had to spend more $$ on replacement parts. ALWAYS do pre check before every print, level bed ( had a few prints that printed but quality stank), tighten extruder head (just ordered another due to loose extruder lower end leaking plastic and I tried to clean it with a torch disfiguring the extruder lower end)). Be careful putting the thermistor in the extruder head with the black rubber boot that was added with the kit ( broke one trying to install the boot). I have been reading the posts here and learning a bunch. Just cant wait to get it up and running again since my last RUT ROO.... If I can save you one problem I will be happy..

Engineer
    Sound advice. I have been reading and watching as much as possible, trying to absorb everthing i could since the moment i placed the order.. already purchased a bunch of tools, glass, couplers, power supply, paint. wires etc, etc etc. hopefully i will be able to get through the build without breaking something.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast