Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Engineer

Talking Just ordered MakerFarm i3v Prusa 12"

I just placed my order for theMakerFarm i3v Prusa 12"
    I cant wait to get it!. its my first printer.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Congrats and welcome to the forums adamfilip! I think you're going to love building the kit!

having just finished building mine I can also say you are going to have a blast, esprcially if it's your first time like it was for me.

Engineer
    I have been watching the build videos to get ready..

I plan on painting the wood pieces black using Rust-oleum spray paint before I assemble.
    is there any benefit to using a little mild locktite with the screws?

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    I plan on painting the wood pieces black using Rust-oleum spray paint before I assemble.
    Yes I can absolutely reccomend using the mild (blue) loctite on all screws you don't need to adjust on a regular basis (don't use on essentric spacers, extruder hardware, nylock nuts, T nuts, etc.)

If you had any questions on whether or not to apply it on a per screw basis just let us know! (I bet you'll figure it out though)

Congrats Adamfilip! I'm also awaiting mine, it should be here by the end of the week. It's my second rather than first but I'm really excited to upgrade to something that can print in more than just PLA. Enjoy!

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    I have been watching the build videos to get ready..

I just finished mine yesterday , i recommend you Rust-Oleum Lacquer and at leats 3 thin Coat of paint . it give a very nice finish. i can post picture of mine if you like .

have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by pichuete View Post
    I just finished mine yesterday , i recommend you Rust-Oleum Lacquer and at leats 3 thin Coat of paint . it give a very nice finish. i can post picture of mine if you like .

have fun!
    I'm thinking about painting mine when I get it as well, would like to see your pics to get an idea. How much effort was it to paint with the lacquer and finish coats? I'm not much of a painting guru but I'd like to do something paint-wise that is fairly easy yet provides a decent finish...

Engineer
    Please do!

as a heads up check the fit of your relay and rambo board holder before painting. you may need to modify the board holder slightly wouldnt want you to do that after painting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast