Close

Roller 3D Printer

A company called CORO Technology has recently launched an Indiegogo campaign seeking to raise a total of at least $10,000 for their new Delta Robot-based FFF 3D printer they call the Roller Printer. The printer features high quality components and numerous features you would expect to find in premium desktop machines. Below are some of the general specs of the Roller Printer:

• Build Envelope: 180mm x 165mm
    • Printer's Speed 100mm/s
    • Min Layer Height: 0.14mm
    • Nozzle Diameter: 0.3, 0.5, 0.5, 0.6, 0.8mm all possible
    • Filament Size: 1.75mm
    • Maximum Hotend Temperature: 300C

Below is a picture of the Roller Printer which come in two different styles of stainless steel. Let's hear your thoughts on this machine and whether it's worth the $1,199 assembled price.

Engineer-in-Training
    While I can certainly appreciate the ever increasing diversity in the market, ultimately, it's just another printer and an expensive one at that given it's build volume. It seems that the focus is shifting towards machines that are "pretty" and away from build volume or unique functions. I have no problem with making a machine that is both functional and attractive (which is why I'm designing my own delta) but IF a design is going to favor one over the other for a given price point, appearance should not be the one chosen.