Close

Question 3D Printer Suggestion

Hello everyone, Im new here but i read some thread around last 2 days.
    I'm a little bit struggeling looking for a 3D Printer, Im looking for something that cost around 500 600 $ that need to be able to print ABS and PLA, have to be able to print at least 6x6x6 inches dimension.
    I saw a couple of models that are interesting, like the Printr Bot Simple Metal and M3D and Velleman K8200.

Printrbot i found out that for being able to print decently i have to spend like 799 $ due to the Heated bed update.
    M3D will come out in February 2015....
    Velleman k8200 might be to difficult to assemble.....

Do you guys have other suggestions?
    I will really appreciate thx in advance

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    You haven't said where you are located (shipping cost), but there a number of people here quite happy with the i3v kits available from MakerFarm. Check out the MakerFarm subforum here on 3D print board.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    You haven't said where you are located (shipping cost), but there a number of people here quite happy with the i3v kits available from MakerFarm. Check out the MakerFarm subforum here on 3D print board.
    Presently im in Panama City, Panama. I will go back in Canada in 4 or 5 month hopefully..

Also having a wood frame, being so hot and humid i think i better verify if the i3v tend to deform or need to be calibrated often......

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigskill View Post
    Also having a wood frame, being so hot and humid i think i better verify if the i3v tend to deform or need to be calibrated often......
    I can't answer the question outright, but I'll share what I am aware of. The wood is really a veneered MDF or similar hardboard panel. It would seem that should be more stable than the typical plywood. Some have sealed or painted the wood as a precaution against problems. I painted mine but I'm also in relatively dry Colorado. The only warpage I've read about in the MakerFarm subforum is with the Y-bed. A couple of people have reported their Y-bed was somewhat warped and was replaced by MakerFarm.

By calibration I assume you mainly mean leveling of the heated bed print surface. It seems like that has been a mixed bag. As long as I don't change the print surface (from glue stick to thick tape for example) or have to overtorque something to get a print off the glass, I rarely have to relevel. Others have had to do it every print. There's also user-developed hardware and software that allows you to add an automatic leveling scheme to the printer, although some recent attempts at it have been struggling with related firmware issues.

I do like my MakerFarm printer, but I should point out another consideration. There have been a few people who have reported recent kits arriving with some missing parts. It might be a pain to deal with international shipping on those issues.
    Last edited by printbus; 12-10-2014 at 01:26 PM.