Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alright I've been tweaking some things and here is my first decent result!
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:170395

Banned
    Thanks so Much Augusta3d. Would love to see you continue to post as you test things out!

Technician
    I see that MakerBot has now posted a video of the Digitizer. Check it out:

Ive finally started getting some better results, I had to tweak the room lighting and some other things but its working better now.

I've been following Tom Burtonwood on Thingiverse - the quality of scans this thing does are awesome!! I'm more inclined to go with the Laser line scanning option over Structured light like a David system. I'm saving for one of these over Christmas break with work!

Technician
    I want. But not at $1,400 I can see that Makerbot is setting themselves up to be the Apple of the 3D printer world. Charging 2x the price of what it should be.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by blissiictrl View Post
    I'm more inclined to go with the Laser line scanning option over Structured light like a David system.
    David begin with laserscanning, and as far as I am aware, they haven't retracted that ability from their software. So, it's 2 for 1 package.

Sorry, but from what I have seen from MB's Digitizer, the scans haven't really been anything "great." At least, nothing to WOW me so far. David LS takes more patients, but your output will be significantly better.

I'm wondering if MakerBot has any plans to create different size digitizers. For example, this would be great for artifacts, fossils, etc. However, I think jobs like these would require a much larger digitizer. I hope Makerbot see this and realizes that one size doesn't fit all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12