Close

Avante Technology's New Emendo Software Auto Repairs and Validate STL Files

Wyoming-based Avante Technology has just introduced the latest product on the market to help lessen the chances of misprints in the 3D printing world. Their new Emendo Automated STL Validation & File Repair software became available yesterday, December 1, for Mac users (OS v. 10.9 and higher), and in the next half-year will roll out for Windows systems, too. A single-user license for the one-button automated repair software is just $49.95. Check out details for this new automated STL repair program: http://3dprint.com/28206/emendo-automated-stl-repair/

Below is a screen grab of Emendo in action:

Technician
    Follow Serena On Twitter
    Anyone tried this software yet? It sounds promising. If it could save some time with mesh repair it would be worth the $50 for sure.

... I think the need depends heavily on the software used and the design process. I haven't had to repair a model yet, but then so far I only used my own designs.

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    With so much freeware available I would like to know what the justification for $50 would be? Also, we use Linux.