Close

Arrow Duplicator 4 Problems

I bought a Duplicator 4 from makergeeks.com a few weeks ago. So far I have not been able to make anything with it.
    I try to print the Sample 1 Square from the SD card. The first few layers stick OK to the bed, but at the fourth or fifth layer it looks like they shrink and curl up and then it just turns into a ball of yarn.
    Joshua at Makergeeks suggests that I try increasing the extruder temperature to 230 C, but he doesn’t give me any idea about how I am supposed to do that except go to thingiverse.com. I assume what I need the G-code version of the Sample 1 Square program so I can go in there and change the extruder temperature. Does anyone know where this can be found? The only thing I can find on the SD card is the Sample 1 Square X3G file.
    I found a sample cube by bre on thingiverse.com. Where can I find the G-code for this thing.
    Here is my set-up:
    I use the glass plate on top of the bed as Makergeeks suggests.
    I clean it with acetone with dissolved abs (abs juice).
    I level the bed such that a sheet of paper just slides freely under the extruder. Should it be a little tight instead?
    I level the whole system using a ten-inch long water level, eyeballing it as good as I can.

If you are running ReplicatorG, download the 20mm test cube from Thingiverse. Open the file in ReplicatorG and in preferences, change the extruder temp to 230C.