Close

Hybrid View

Zmorph 2.0 S 3D Printer, Laser Cuter, Milling Machine & More

Polish company ZMorph has announced the launch of a brand new personal fabricator called the Zmorph 2.0 S. The new machine features the ability to change toolheads. Their are 11 different toolheads available allowing for 3D printing (both single and dual extrusion in 1.75 and 3mm sizes), laser engraving and cutting, milling, and much more. The machine is priced at just $1,499 euros and is available immediately. More details can be found here: http://3dprint.com/27515/zmorph-2-0-s-3d-printer/

Below are some of the specs of the Zmorph 2.0 S:

• Build Envelope: 250 x 235 x 165 mm
    • Recommended Print Speed: 60 – 150mm/s
    • Printer Weight: 25 kg
    • Printer Size: 530 x 555 x 480 mm

Let us know if you have personally used this new machine!

Looks like a great printer, but they don't have the resolution posted anywhere.
    It uses belt drives and threaded rods to move, so I am guessing it could be improved.

Staff Engineer
    Yes, the idea is a good one, but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. It would be a lot better to start with an adequate frame for a CNC milling machine and add extruders to it than to use a flimsy 3D printer frame design and assume it will work as a mill.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Yes, the idea is a good one, but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. It would be a lot better to start with an adequate frame for a CNC milling machine and add extruders to it than to use a flimsy 3D printer frame design and assume it will work as a mill.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com
    Obviously you've never seen these machines in the flesh.
    They have a solid metal frame and have been at the last 3 tct shows, every year they have more heads. The build volume isn't huge, but they are very well made.
    Obviously they don't have heavy duty milling capabilities. I don't think you've actually grasped what these are and who they are aimed at.
    They are not meant to be a heavy duty industrial shop machine, but rather a lightweight, small footprint multipurpose desktop hobby machine. And for that they are probably the best multi-purpose machine around as well as one of the best built.

The extra tool heads are pretty expensive, $550 for the 2-in-1 dual extruder. That's just ridiculous. You could probably get an i3 printer kit with similiar extruder for the same money. $450 for a 2 watt laser head - you can get a large engraver with same power laser for considerably less.

Obviously having all the bits in one machine is convenient. But if you have decent deskspace, it would probably be cheaper to buy laser engraver and dual extruder printer seperately, and that can't be right.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 12-15-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    All in all, this looks like a good multipurpose machine.
    It's not the best 3D printer, CNC mill or laser cutter, but the best affordable combination of those, and quality is not bad.
    Software and community support are still to be improved, but with the right expertise and good ideas this is a minifactory in itself.
    I am considering this over an Ultimaker to purchase next year.
    One thing I am wondering is why the price has almost doubled in two years.
    Also I would like to see a dual extrusion option for 3mm filament.