Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Student

Question Hello, New FF creator Pro owner reporting in

My printer should arrive this Friday really excited about this. But with all these things there's bound to be some things I need to do first.

Any tips on what to look out for setting up.
    Firmware/software updates.
    etc.

Just looking at the first step things here at the moment to get it running first. Learning the rest will come

thanks

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    Welcome aboard. You'll love your Creator Pro.
    Eddie

Student
    First ever go with a 3D printer. Lets hope it's fun. Putting software on my Ubuntu laptop hasn't been so far

Technician
    Hi Monty.

I would suggest you read through the sticky thread "Flashforge 3D Creator forum". There's a bunch of good information in there. Feel free to ask for clarification of things that may not seem clear at the start; it all starts to makes sense once you get a few prints under your belt.

I run Ubuntu, so I'll let you know what I've found. You'll be able to run replicatorg, but running makerware depends on what version of Ubuntu you're running. Makerware's latest version didn't run on 14.10 when I upgraded. It does run on 14.04. Makerware is a more polished UI.

I run Virtualbox on my system, so I just loaded up a 14.04 machine and run my Makerware inside that, so I can use either tool.

Many folks here run simplify3d, which is a non-free software package. I haven't tried it yet, but all those who have seem to like it very much. It should run under Linux.

Enjoy the printer. I have the Pro, and find it easy to work with using the linux tools I've tried.

Cheers,

John

Student
    Thanks.

I've had a look but I have seen lots of mention of makerware. But there seems to be a new version now. Desktop

http://www.makerbot.com/desktop

or should I go for this version ?

http://makerware.software.informer.com/download/

I've had to go back to Win 7 on te laptop.

Technician
    Follow Serena On Twitter
    Check out this thread with info about which version of Makerware is recommended:

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...Download-(x64)

Welcome and have fun with the new toy.

Student
    It's ARRIVED

Cool! Enjoy! And incidentally, one thing on firmware updates -- I got my Dreamer a few weeks ago, and I do almost everything via wireless. However, I found that you do have to connect your computer to the Dreamer via USB to do the firmware update. Not sure if it's the same for the Creator Pro, but you may want to check before setting up your workstation.

Student
    Thanks. It came with updated firmware. Got a problem with the print bed but I'll post a specific enquiry about that.

Engineer
    Enjoy! I was just like you a few week's ago. Still just as happy as I was when I was waiting for it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast