Close

Lumifold - Tiny Cheap 3D Printer - $400

This printer is pretty impressive, size wise. For $400 you can have this sucker. Currently seeking funding on indiegogo: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lu...sed-3d-printer

This is probably the smallest (measuring just 250 x 120 x 30mm when folded) that you can really travel with, and you still have a building area of 90 x 90 x 90mm.
    This printer is the best choice as your first 3d printer! It’s not expensive, and it one of most easy to use printer on the market.

Note: the electronic board on the side was still the prototype stage, the final version is thinner and has a protective enclosure
    It was first designed when a customer asked for a small, portable 3D printer that he wanted ot use for printing dentals molds. He wanted the printer to be cheap and easy to use too. We started developing the LumiFold, and after some months of designing, building prototypes, going back to design again we came up with the current design of the LumiFold. And it proved to be so good, we decided to launch a crowfounding camping to provide everyone interested a cheap, portable and easy to use 3d printer!

Engineer
    They have a really low funding goal. It's good to see that they have blown it away though.
    Supposedly it is one of the easiest 3D printers to use, and at $400, the price isn't too bad. Just not sure if I wouldn't prefer to purchase one that is more established.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    I'm going to follow this, and if it seems promising then before it ends I'll toss some $$$ their way and see what happens. I do want to have a printer of my own before I graduate next year, so it's either find something like this, or save up for a Makerbot.