Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oh to be in England ...

Oh to be in England now that summertime is here.

It's late Spring here in Sydney, Australia. Outside temperature today peaked at 39C (102F) with WNW (hot dry) winds at 30 kpH gusting to 50 KpH. I turned on my printer in the back room of my house and before I had begun warming the print bed the reading was 35C.

Temperature in my favourite town in England (Broadway, Worcestershire) was 7C with rain.

By the look of things, December to February is going to be hot and dry in Australia and cold and wet across the northern hemisphere.

Old Man Emu

Senior Engineer
    6.2 on my roof, 16 in my loft. Oh to be in Aus.

Staff Engineer
    1.6 Celcius (up from -2 on Wednesday), In the deep south part of the US. Pretty sure all my plants are completely wrecked.

Some of my friends up north have had their roofs cave in from nearly 2 meters of snow in the past 3 days.

Here's a recent picture from space of the US East Coast. In case you're really lamenting your hot weather.

(to put it back on the topic of the board, another friend of mine found that a print he was planing to do some vapor smoothing on must have had some moisture in the ABS, because it nearly completely delaminated in the sudden cold.)
    Last edited by Feign; 11-21-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Better Picture straight from NASA

Engineer
    -16C in Canada (Montreal) One of the earliest snow storm has hit on us. Yet, those poor guy from the USA just hit 2meters of snow...

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    6.2 on my roof, 16 in my loft. Oh to be in Aus.
    Click here for Burnley, Victoria, Australia weather forecast: http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

Click here for St Leonards, Sydney, Australia (closest English name to correspond with a Montreal locality): http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/sydney/st-leonards

Old Man Emu

Engineer
    Is it humid over there? Here we have ABS spool that just absorb all the moisture in the air within few days. The lab where the printers are next to the heat power station. Lots and lots of humidity screwing all the print. Adding the fact that the cold weather just hit us, make print failing miserably.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    Oh to be in England now that summertime is here.

It's late Spring here in Sydney, Australia. Outside temperature today peaked at 39C (102F) with WNW (hot dry) winds at 30 kpH gusting to 50 KpH. I turned on my printer in the back room of my house and before I had begun warming the print bed the reading was 35C.

Temperature in my favourite town in England (Broadway, Worcestershire) was 7C with rain.

By the look of things, December to February is going to be hot and dry in Australia and cold and wet across the northern hemisphere.

Old Man Emu
    Mate, I am up past Kempsey now...

Let me put it this way. It was so hot today, I could probably print in ABS on kapton without even heating my heatbed. The Humidity has been really bad tho, usually its the opposite here but constant overcast weather makes for a very sticky day.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

35C at Camden (NSW) Airport which is 5 kms straight line distance from my house. Humidity between 9:30 am and 5.30 pm did not exceed 49%. (That's 8:30 am to 4:30 pm solar time as we are on daylight saving (UTC + 11)

It is supposed to get to 40C tomorrow. My boss, Old Ma Emu, has directed that I will not be working outside, and that includes the garage where my vehicle restoration is going on. Looks like tomorrow is the day I upgrade Marlin to auto bed leveling.

OME

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Well, today.. I am inside and check this out.

My extruders are at 40c without even being turned on lol

photo(15).jpg
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Now is Winter here in China. But its around 29C here! Can't believe it!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast