Close

Keyme allows you to scan your Keys and copy them

A new company (I believe it is new) is out with an app that allows people to make copies of their keys. You just download the app from the iTunes store (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id663884543?mt=8) scan your key and then order copies of it.

What is also cool is that you can store all of your keys on the app. Then if you lose a key, you can go to a locksmith and have a new key made very easily. It gives the locksmith all of the directions in order to create a new key.

Their website is https://key.me

I saw this on my newfeed this morning. They have just partnered with Shapeways to print and ship keys for customers using the App.

If Shapeways is going to take the file and print out a key, why couldn't we do it on out printers?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    If Shapeways is going to take the file and print out a key, why couldn't we do it on out printers?
    I agree. Maybe we can? Does anyone know if the app allows you to export the file?

Quote Originally Posted by MattSteiner View Post
    I agree. Maybe we can? Does anyone know if the app allows you to export the file?
    Try making one in Solidworks or Sketchup, Should work ^^
    Except its Plastic, will snap easyer, and wont slide in the lock as easly i guess.

Looks like a pretty cool app. Not sure exactly how much use people will get out of it though. Why not just run to the hardware store every 5 years (or however often you need backups of your keys)?