Close

3D printing & fashion as a business model

Hi there,
    This topic is about 3D printing & fashion as a business model. Anyone wants to talk about this?
    Thanks,
    Last edited by RepRapVN; 12-18-2013 at 07:36 AM.

You know, at first I thought 3D printing of fashion accessories and clothing was ridiculous. However, I'm starting to warm up to the idea. There are some really cool things that can be done that can't be done with typical clothing. I actually look forward to seeing what kinds of crazy designs come out. I know my wife has become interested in 3D Printing because of this.

I think we will see 3D Printing gradually make it's way into fashion starting from big companies like GAP/OLD Navy, etc. We already see Victoria's Secret using it a bit. I think we will see it initially in shoes and accessories, but then it will make its way to actually pieces of clothing.

I plan to open an accessories 3D printing shop in my local area. I do not think big companies would enter the accessories market, they will focus in colothing and shoes...So I will have a chance to stand out.

There were several vendors at Maker Faire NY in September that were selling #D Printed wearable items. Some were jewelry and some were clothing and face art. Many nice looking pieces!