Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

da Vinci 3D Printer Coming to US in February - $499

Apparently a Taiwanese company which makes this 3D Printer plans to bring it to the US in February and Europe in March and it will sell for only $499.

They hope to sell 100,000 of these globally next year.

There is very little information on this printer as of yet. The only things that anyone knows about it are as follows:

• It comes in yellow or orange
    • There are 15 colors of ABS plastic available
    • It weighs 22kg and is 46.8 x 51.0 x 55.8 cm in size

It should be interesting to see how it compares to other 3D printers currently available, that cost twice as much money.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Looks very solid, the build platform a little small perhaps tho, but it is only $499, thats not a bad price point, but I think we'll see a big drop next year.

Yeah, that's what my thoughts were. I'd like to see this thing in action before I decide if it's worth forking over $500. From the details though, it seems like a decent printer at a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Looks very solid, the build platform a little small perhaps tho, but it is only $499, thats not a bad price point, but I think we'll see a big drop next year.
    You think this printer will fall in price even more?

From what I have been reading, this DaVinci printer really stole the show at CES. It's priced at only $499 and is really almost just as good as the other at home printers on the market. It's very easy to setup and safe as well. The 2.0 version can print in 2 different colors.

Here is a video demonstration at CES

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    It looked nice, and it printed on par with other filament printers. If I recall, it takes proprietary filament cartridges, but other than that it looks like a good printer and an excellent gateway model - especially at that price.

Actually, it was one of the very few of 3D Printers which were printing live, so kudos to them for having the moxie to do so. Maybe half a dozen vendors were actually printing live, maybe fewer. But most folks had nice, shiny booths!

Banned
    Everything I have heard since CES says that this was the show stopper. Not only is it affordable, but the print quality is comparable to 3D Printers which cost 5 times the amount.

Prices are coming down so fast. Just imagine next year's CES. We will probably have quality metal sintering printers for under $500. Does anyone here have a Da Vinci?

The 2.1 looks like the winner for me? Wireless integration, dual heads, user touchpad. I wonder how the costs of their filament cartridges compares with others. My friend has a Mojo but hates to use it because of the high cost of the print materials so it sits around unless he has a paying job to print.

proprietary filament cartridges
    What does this mean? Does that mean you need to buy your filament through them?

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    proprietary filament cartridges
    Quote Originally Posted by aWsomeABE View Post
    What does this mean? Does that mean you need to buy your filament through them?
    http://www.xyzprinting.com/en/filament

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast