Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Roxy,

That was my plan. Is there a problem with running the servo without an additional 5volt circuit as Printbus indicates? I was hoping to clean things up with a Mean Well power supply. If the 5 volts is needed, can I do it with a tap off the Mean Well using a BEC to 5 volts?

Engineer
    I've had no problem. I may have gotten lucky with my servo, but I only have a 12v 30A power supply intended for LED strips (very similar to the MeanWell). No separate 5v available. I've not had any problems with my servo ABL blacking out the printer since I've started using it.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by CalifDan View Post
    Is there a problem with running the servo without an additional 5volt circuit as Printbus indicates? I was hoping to clean things up with a Mean Well power supply. If the 5 volts is needed, can I do it with a tap off the Mean Well using a BEC to 5 volts?
    FWIW, TopJimmyCrooks is the one that pointed out here that he needed USB power in order for his ABL servo to function properly. I subsequently just did the research to figure out why. Using an R/C type BEC to provide 5V should be fine. Another option would be to plug the printer's USB cable into a USB wall charger when not plugged into a computer. USB is rated for what, 500mA? A USB charger rated for at least that should work.
    Last edited by printbus; 11-16-2014 at 05:42 PM.

So i put the latest Dacb/Roxy Marlin on my machine. I added a different micro switch that moves out out of the way without lifting the Z axis as much.

I have a video that shows the first G28 through 3 or 4. Only #2 works properly with the Z_RAISE after the G28 and a M114 show the correct height. After all the others, there is no Z_RAISE, and an M114 still shows the height as if it actually did the Z_RAISE.

Also my G29 fails with a head crash because the Z thinks it is at 22.2 instead of at 7.2. So the servo trys to swing out, and down it goes to the glass.

Also this was a fresh boot up, starting with an M502, and an M500 to read the defaults, and write the defaults.

Not sure what else to try before I just go back to the original firmware.

Last edited by BgHurt; 12-08-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12