Close

Banned

The Snap 3D Printer

Here is another innovative idea for a 3D printer, and it can be found on kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...snap3d-printer

The Snap 3D Printer allows almost anyone, even those lacking technical skills, to put the thing together and customize it. The best thing is that it is fairly cheap. The pre-assembled version can be had for a $999 funding on Kickstarter. TJIKO Labs is seeking $25000, and has until January 17th to get to that figure. Right now they have raised just over $1900.

For some reason, I love the way this printer looks. However, what exactly is the selling point on this? Why not just go out and buy a Replicator 2? Does this printer do something that current 3D Printers cant?

Quote Originally Posted by MattSteiner View Post
    For some reason, I love the way this printer looks. However, what exactly is the selling point on this? Why not just go out and buy a Replicator 2? Does this printer do something that current 3D Printers cant?
    Well basicly its a bigger build volume,
    Easyer to dissamble and transport, alot cheaper (800 dollars i believe)

And doesnt look half bad at all!
    I don't realy like the Jhead that much, since its oozing pretty much, I don't got my other hotend yet, So i can't compare it,
    But others also mentiont it that the Jhead does ooz alot more.

Also i like how they give multiple colors, So it can suit your room better ^^
    Even tho it still looks quiet prototypie as the device goes, But i guess thats also since they wanted it to be dissambled rather easily.

And it seems the prints arent bad either ^^

The question for you is now, Why pay more for a printer if you can get the same or better than a replicator ^^
    Even tho i do agree it isnt anything major like totum printer i believe it was called, that can be used for alot more diffrent things like scanning, using it as a lathe, mill and as a printer.
    But if you compare it, the replicator isnt realy innovative as the totum neither.
    Last edited by DrLuigi; 12-15-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Engineer
    I was hoping this thing would get funded just because I like the looks of it. Don't have the money to back it at this time but if I did I sure would. Seems things have slowed down on their Kickstarter. Hopefully they pick back up near the end and they reach their stated goal of $25k.