Close

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    True, but I cannot home without Z_Safe, the probe would be outside the bed. I did it anyway and and did a G29. Same result, it is in the right position 190,175,1.65, but when hitting home x it moves right or away from the last position.
    Oh! I started with my origin in the front left. That is where most people have it. But because the only place I could put a Z-Probe was on the front left, it was probing in negative space. What I did was move my origin to the back right. You do this by just changing this:

#define INVERT_X_DIR true //false // for prusa i3 set to false, x endstop should be on the left
    #define INVERT_Y_DIR true //false // for prusa i3 set to false, y endstop should be in the back and opposite the y-motor
    #define INVERT_Z_DIR false // for prusa i3 set to false, z endstop should be at the bottom

Technologist
    Okay, I did this on another machine too, but this has nothing to do with my problem or am I missing something? One thing that is really puzzling is that the same fw worked before flawlessly. I thought it was the board, swap it. Wiring...very unlikely. Eeprom reset.

Technologist
    I did this. No avail. I forgot to mention that where ever on the bed the stop switch is triggered, the x and y think they are home. So if I do a G29 then lift and do a G28, it will home fine, but if I hit G28 again, it will move from that x and y position. It's got to be something I am missing.
    But again, it's the same fw that worked fine for month. Until I hit that z offset on the LCD.

Can you check and see if you have your EEPROM turned on? If it is turned on, lets turn it off until we get this figured out. If it is turned on, reconfigure with it off and check things. And if it still behaves badly, lets turn off the LCD panel and try it again. We need to figure out what causes this.

Technologist
    Yes, EEPROM is on, I turned it off and flashed....g28g29 same thing.
    Uncommented Viki....flashed .....same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Ah... Shouldn't it look like this:

//#define LCD_I2C_VIKI

If it is uncommented, it is enabled. We want to disable it and take it out of the equation for now...

Technologist

Technologist
    I went a bit further......since I am using a 12 v proximity sensor, I got a " creative" way to attache that and only get 5v to the stop switch. That is why I unplugged it and plugged the normal stop switch back in.
    As I did before, I am not always getting the same result. Sometimes x goes home, but doesn't bounce. Sometimes X goes right and comes back about 10mm. And in the majority of cases x just moves right away form the stop. (all this is after g29 and hitting x home)

Now all this is not the case, everything works fine, without the g29!!!!

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Ah... Shouldn't it look like this:

//#define LCD_I2C_VIKI

If it is uncommented, it is enabled. We want to disable it and take it out of the equation for now...
    Sorry...it is disabled...commented

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Can you check and see if you have your EEPROM turned on? If it is turned on, lets turn it off until we get this figured out. If it is turned on, reconfigure with it off and check things. And if it still behaves badly, lets turn off the LCD panel and try it again. We need to figure out what causes this.
    I did a few tests. One was to create a new fw from the lastest Marlin and flash that. Same result. Here is again what's happening.

With the G28 marlin main "plan bed leveling..." commented out, the z stop (when triggered) is triggering x and y after ABL G29.
    M114 shows 190/175/1.65mm which is correct.
    M119 shows z triggered, which is correct at above location.
    When I now try to home x or do a G28 the machine moves away from above position into the wall or out over the limits. In other words, wherever on the bed z is triggered,
    the machine acts as if x and y are home.

If no G29 is performed, all works good. I also have to say that everything worked withe that same fw, flawlessly for weeks, until I changed the z offset on a viki lcd to not
    have to change it in the fw and flash. Ever since I have this phenomenon. I swapped boards, unplugged the viki, changed firmware and believe it or not, a second machine with the
    same setup is now having similar issues.

I started to think it could be something on my PC and flashed from a different one without any change.

I was checking wiring and tested the switches and all is good.

What could I be missing?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast