Close

Technician

Help with Y-axis

My 10" i3v has been working flawlessly since getting it running. Last night went to print and the y-axis wont move to the endstop during the G28 code; home all axis. It moves a few mils and then stops. I put a new end switch but still get the same results. The y-axis motor works fine in manual mode, I only get this problem when trying to print.

Technician
    Ran a few test and noticed my z-axis is also off.

Technician
    Tried reflashing firmware......no change.

Technician
    I uploaded the original firmware to the printer and it works.....it seems the problem is with the Marlin auto bed level firmware. How could everything be working fine then it just stops working?

Technician
    Anyone?? HEELLLOOO????

Not heard of that before. Did you find a source that said the problem was the auto bed levelling code?

Technician
    Just a thought, but try commenting out the define for ABL using the code that doesn't work for you just to verify the problem lies in the ABL code. At least you will know for sure where to start troubleshooting. For me, trying to find a problem in the entire code base is daunting and anything I can do the be sure I've narrowed the search to right area of code is helpful.

Technician
    The problem is in the firmware...not the hardware. When I upload the old firmware without the ABL it works fine. Its weird cause Ive been using it for many weeks now without any problem. Then out of nowhere this problem arises. When I enter G28 code, the Y axis only moves a few mils, not all the way to the endstop. I just dont get it. even when I reflash with the saved ABL code that I originally used....it does the exact same thing. What could cause the code to change while its flashed onto the Arduino board? I dont even know where to start with this problem.

Technician
    Problem Solved!! One of the wires broke off from the Z endstop switch. Not sure why it affected the y axis.

Quote Originally Posted by dollarz81 View Post
    Problem Solved!! . Not sure why it affected the y axis.
    Chaos Theory?
    Murphy's Law?
    Unified Field Theory?
    Requires Divine Revelation?

Old Man Emu