Close

MakerBot Teaching Kids to 3D Print

I love the fact that MakerBot is really keen on teaching kids all about 3D Printing. First they started the program where they are trying to get printers in schools. Now they are holding classes in their MakerBot stores. Here is an even I just saw on their website:

Kids Saturday Morning Series (Greenwich Store) 12/14/13
    Start: December 14, 2013 11:00 am
    End: December 14, 2013 1:00 pm
    Where: Retail Store (Greenwich)
    Admission: $10.00
    Join us for our weekly Kids’ Saturday Morning series, full of educational fun for kids 8 years and older. This workshop offers an intro to Tinkercad, a simple software to design things, then build them in real life using a MakerBot Replicator 2. Participation is $10 per child, pre-paid upon registration. Click on the time slot of your choice to register, and email rsvp.store@makerbot.com for any questions. (Please note: each child must be registered separately with a different email address for each registration.) We look forward to seeing you!
    10am, 11am, 12pm.

If I lived in the Greenwich area, I'd definitely pay $10 to have my kids attend.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Every now and then I help teach our Elementary and Middle School students how to model in Tinkercad. We let them print one of their designs for free to take home.

Makerbot is actually holding these and other Kid oriented events in all of their stores. I know the Boston store has these as well. I give props to them for this!