Close

'Reason' Solid Concepts' New Metal 3D Printed 1911 Pistol

Solid Concepts is at it again. Last year the company produced the first ever metal 3D printed gun. Here we are a year later, and designers have created yet another DMLS 3D printed firearm. This year's weapon is like last year's in that it is a 1911 Pistol. This one, however, is a 10mm automatic, with the preamble to the Declaration of Independence on its grip. More details on Solid Concepts latest and greatest 3D printed gun can be found here: http://3dprint.com/21109/3d-print-metal-gun-reason/

Below is a picture of the new weapon, let's hear your thought!

What will make this 1911 pistol stand out the most, however, is the preamble of the Declaration of Independence printed onto the front of the grip, making a statement obvious to anyone who sees the weapon.
    This caught my attention. I guess they are trying to be subtle. Because I would have expected the 2nd amendment would be more natural to put there???

This is the Gutenberg Bible of the Second Amendment.

Engineer-in-Training
    Assuming this is the preamble that they refer to:

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

I think it makes perfect sense as a political statement. The idea behind many 3d printed firearms projects is for the public to have access to the tools they need to remain free in the face of a tyrannical government (paraphrasing here, not necessarily expressing my views on the matter)

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

I think it makes perfect sense as a political statement when you take into account that the idea behind many 3d printed firearms projects is for the public to have access to the tools they need to remain free in the face of a tyrannical government (paraphrasing here, not necessarily expressing my views on the matter). Regardless of the specific quote from the declaration though, the whole idea of that document is the separation from what was considered a tyrannical government so again, taking into consideration the thoughts and emotions behind this sort of project, it makes perfect sense to quote that over the second amendment.