Close

Anyone using the FLASHFORGE Creator PRO Dual Extrusion 3D Printer

I currently have a XYZ Da Vinci 3D Printer V1. I like the printer but I don't like the tactics they are starting to do to force me to buy their filament. I want to get a duel extruder and was looking at the FLASHFORGE Creator PRO Dual Extrusion 3D Printer and wandered if anyone is using it and how good is it?

Check out the Flashforge sub-forum on this board: http://3dprintboard.com/forumdisplay...ashForge-Forum
    If you want to see some images of prints made on the Flashforge printer: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...rge-3D-printer

I'd personally say that it's a very reliable printer that works well. Makerbot software allows for relatively ease of dual extrusion.
    If you have any other questions then ask away, but it's probably a better idea to check the Flashforge sub-forum to get a better idea of the printer

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep the pro is a real nice piece of kit - lots of upgraded bits from my bog standard creator.

Don't think it's got the same priing volume as the davinci - that's 200x200x200 isn't it ?

But other than that it's probably at least as good.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    yep the pro is a real nice piece of kit - lots of upgraded bits from my bog standard creator.

Don't think it's got the same priing volume as the davinci - that's 200x200x200 isn't it ?

But other than that it's probably at least as good.
    Davinci's print output is really bad, along with the cartridges... I see now why they were under $500
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Staff Engineer
    I was looking at the Flashforge machines at the Inside 3D Printing show last week, and they seemed like well-constructed printers, a step up from the laser-cut wood boxes they were selling before. They were showing 2 of them; the Dreamer, which only works with their new proprietary software, and the Creator Pro, which allows users to use whatever software they want, except the new Flashforge software (for some reason). The good news is that the dual extruders allow users to print with soluble support material, which is a really important feature most consumer-level printers don't offer. They were able to show me a part they'd done in a clearish ABS that had been supported by PVA that was dissolved away in water, leaving no traces. They said they'd be selling their own branded filaments, including PVA and HIPS for support, to prevent problems due to inferior filaments, although their printers will still accept generic filament as well.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Thanks everyone. I think I am going to buy it as soon as I get enough money back on my Amazon card in a few weeks.

I bought a robo3d a couple months ago and have had nothing but problems. I've been thinking about the flashforge creator pro lately because it has a high rating on amazon with a ton of reviews. (all the other printers on there don't seem to share this high rating)

I also find the ultimaker 2 intriguing but it is a lot more money.

How do you think the FF would stack up against the um2?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by swoop_ds View Post
    I bought a robo3d a couple months ago and have had nothing but problems. I've been thinking about the flashforge creator pro lately because it has a high rating on amazon with a ton of reviews. (all the other printers on there don't seem to share this high rating)

I also find the ultimaker 2 intriguing but it is a lot more money.

How do you think the FF would stack up against the um2?
    I was going to buy a Robo3D just because they look cool.. then watched Barnacules on youtube struggle and have to do so much to get it printing..

I have had my Flashforge coming on 3 years now, sure it's had its ups and downs but it's printed its worth several times over, and when I have a problem with one of my other printers and need something printed fast, I know the FF will just do it without any messing around.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com