Close

Be3d's DeeGreen Printer Review

be3d's new DeeGreen 3D printer, meant for home use, is reviewed by 3dprint.com's Eddie Krassenstein. While anticipating many of the difficulties common in home 3D printers, the reviewer found the DeeGreen to be surprisingly easy to use. Up and printing within five minutes of being taken out of its box, the DeeGreen surpassed all expectations. With a $1,999 retail price, the printer is a clear representation of "you get what you pay for," offering quality immediately out of the gate. For more information, check out the full review: http://3dprint.com/19855/be3d-deegreen-printer-review

Below is a picture of the DeeGreen 3D printer

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Doesn't support ABS????
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well I can understand that.
    Given the number of cold bed printing filaments that are around now. And the hassle you get (I have) with abs. I think most 'ordinary' folk as users wouldn't want the hassle and most likely wouldn't care anyway.

Between running this site, writing articles daily, and spending time with my 11-month old son and my wife, I just didn’t feel like having the burden of setting up and testing yet another 3D printer.
    My heart bleeds for you lol

Actually the weird thing is the support on the lefabshop elephant. I've printed about a half dozen, in different sizes, never used support, never needed it. It's designed to print without support.

So why would a slicing engine add support that clearly isn't needed ?

And yep for $2000 I'd want a larger print area.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-24-2014 at 06:33 AM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well I can understand that.
    Given the number of cold bed printing filaments that are around now. And the hassle you get (I have) with abs. I think most 'ordinary' folk as users wouldn't want the hassle and most likely wouldn't care anyway.
    I love PLA but I still have a 50% need for ABS support..

PLA isn't cold bed perfect... I print cold all the time and seriously, 3-4 hours is about max I get before some small corner lift even with PLA and blue tape, a slightly heated bed, even 50c makes a balls load of difference, especially in the flashforge.

Mind you this has an enclosed chamber so that bed would get some heat I guess, but still, for me personally I require ABS just as much as PLA - this is why I never bought a makerbot, to hell with the price - the FF was a 1/3rd of the price and did more.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Engineer-in-Training
    If it's really all that, I'd be willing to pay more for ABS support & larger volume. Yeah, it's money, but the Mendel-derived designs are annoying me and I want an enclosed device anyway. I've been thinking Ultimaker 2 & Type A.

be3D is offering their DeeGreen 3D printer to the public worldwide now, at a retail price of $1,890 (USD). Operating with PLA, this 3D printer features sleek European aesthetics, and is not only capable of producing high-quality 3D prints, but allows the user to do so easily. The DeeGreen is completely turn-key and offers a host of features to delight users from the automated calibration to helpful software and numerous innovative options available. Read more at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/98328/deegreen-available-globally/