Close

Thread: Bull Dog Lite

Technician

Bull Dog Lite

I started the install of my Bull Dog Lite and E3D v6 on the i3V. I can't find documentation about the extruder motor wiring. On the Marlin Board I have terminals 1B, 1A, 2A and 2B. On the Makerfarm extruder 1B was Red, 1A was Green, 2A was Yellow and 2B was Blue.

On the Bulldog Lite, I have wires which are Black, Green, Red and Blue. Can anyone direct me to, or explain which wire on the Bulldog Lite goes to which post on the Marlin Board?

CalifDan

Technician
    I can't help you at all Dan, but I have been looking at this setup for my i3V and I'm really interested to hear you thoughts on this when you get the wiring figured out and have a chance to play with it a bit. Please keep me posted on your experiences with it.

Engineer
    Colin may know. Have you tried asking him?

Technician
    Yeah, Colin was the answer. He said plug it in like it is and if the extruder runs backwards, turn it around. It worked the first time I plugged it in. Now I need to figure out how to change the estep for the extruder in the config.h file. Step by step.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    CalifDan, I'm excited to hear how you like the Bull Dog Lite. I hope I'm not too late with this, but here is a general guide on how to calibrate the esteps and change the firmware to allow you to change this number from the LCD.

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post20466

Technician
    I'm considering the non-lite version of the Bulldog, but Colin doesn't offer it. I'd like to go to a two-extruder setup, and the Bulldog seems like a more space-efficient way to do that.