Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Engineer
    I would suggest finding a good file comparison program. On Ubuntu Linux, I use Meld. I can load up my current configuration.h, and a new version from freshly-downloaded firmware, and see them side-by-side with the differences highlighted. Then it's just a matter of moving my settings from one to the other. It makes upgrading very fast and easy, especially since I have several mods of my own that need to be moved as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    I would suggest finding a good file comparison program. On Ubuntu Linux, I use Meld. I can load up my current configuration.h, and a new version from freshly-downloaded firmware, and see them side-by-side with the differences highlighted. Then it's just a matter of moving my settings from one to the other. It makes upgrading very fast and easy, especially since I have several mods of my own that need to be moved as well.
    Agreed! I use ExamDiff-Pro on Windows. Without that type of tool, it makes it very hard to figure out where your code deviates from another piece of code.

Technician
    I use Winmerge, but honestly I found a diff program very confusing when examining the original Makerfarm build and any more current build. Because the order of many of the modules was different in the code it made it quite confusing and even the comments were significantly different making the amount of changes between the code very large... even though most of the changes were meaningless to running the code. Add all the new code for ABL and it made it very confusing to a non-programmer like me. Once I got Roxy's code sorted from the original code manually a diff program was extremely useful in switching to the DACB fork. I'm sure this is just because of my lack of programming knowledge, but that was my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Agreed! I use ExamDiff-Pro on Windows. Without that type of tool, it makes it very hard to figure out where your code deviates from another piece of code.
    Thanks! Downloaded it.

OME

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    I'm rooting for you OME! I'm looking forward to seeing if you get it working as I may also take the plunge into auto leveling.

I recently switched from a 0.4mm nozzle to a 0.3mm nozzle and have had a harder time getting a good first layer stick. That 0.1 mm less coming out of the nozzle really takes away any room for error in your bed leveling. But it makes for fantastic top layer finishes on parts that actually stick!

Quote Originally Posted by gmay3 View Post
    I'm rooting for you OME! I'm looking forward to seeing if you get it working as I may also take the plunge into auto leveling.

I recently switched from a 0.4mm nozzle to a 0.3mm nozzle and have had a harder time getting a good first layer stick. That 0.1 mm less coming out of the nozzle really takes away any room for error in your bed leveling. But it makes for fantastic top layer finishes on parts that actually stick!
    I think you might have worded this wrong but I'm not sure. My experience is the Auto Bed Leveling corrects the errors in your bed leveling (and position) and the first layer almost always goes down perfect once you have it dialed in correctly.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I think you might have worded this wrong but I'm not sure. My experience is the Auto Bed Leveling corrects the errors in your bed leveling (and position) and the first layer almost always goes down perfect once you have it dialed in correctly.
    Roxy, totally agree with you. I know Auto Bed Leveling will help. I don't have auto leveling implemented on my printer yet but I am thinking about it.

I'm rooting for you OME!
    We have a language problem here. In Australia, "rooting" has as one of its meanings "male/female horizontal gymnastics" if you get my drift.

A man who has a lot of one-night stands is called a wombat, because he eats, roots and leaves.

A wombat is a ground dwelling marsupial herbivore that eats things like the roots of plants and the leaves of trees. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wombat

Here is a picture of two wombats.
    wombat.jpg

OME

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    We have a language problem here. In Australia, "rooting" has as one of its meanings "male/female horizontal gymnastics" if you get my drift.
    OME
    Hahaha thanks for the many laughs with this one OME. That's exactly what I meant!

No but seriously, I meant that I am cheering you on and hoping that you succeed with auto bed leveling. I'm thinking about going for it but it seems pretty complicated.

and hoping that you succeed with auto bed leveling. I'm thinking about going for it but it seems pretty complicated.
    So far... I don't think we have had anybody start the process and not get it going. And in fact, if you are using the same printer, it would seem you just print out the parts the previous person did, and wire them up the same and you should be there????

OME: It really should be pretty tame if you get the Dacb fork loaded into your printer!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast