Just a question on any new or upcoming 3D machines for models for lost wax casing. I am a goldsmith and custom jeweler and have been waiting to get a lower cost simple but effective prototype machine for casting the models. I know of 3 right now for possible purchase. B9 Creator, ProJet 1200 and Form 1+. I was about to pull the trigger on a projet 1200 and was told buy a rep from a higher end company selling the solidscape machines that things are in the works for 3 grand and less machine should be out with in the year. The form1+ is now able to use a firecast castable resin, good price for a sla machine but by the time it is said and done I would be in it for 3500 to 4000. Has anyone heard of or has tried anything comparable? I have used service boards for models plus I own a CNC machine by Roland with a machine wizard program. The CNC is great but time consuming with constant calibrating and set up changes for different models, good detail but in no way like a grown or printed model.

Thanks in advance for any advice or news of whats around the corner.

Carl