Close

Heat bed relay question

Hi guys,

I hooked up the heat bed relay by moving the 11 amp power supply directly to the relay and followed the instructions per the guide. There are now no wires going to the 11 amp power supply. What wires do I now hook up to the 11 amp power supply? I tried heating up the bed but it doesn't do anything. Thanks

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I can't follow what you have. Can you provide a diagram? Do you only have one power supply? I'm not sure 11 amps is enough to cover everything.

Engineer
    I have the relay board (from MakerFarm) connected thus: the two wires soldered to the relay board I have plugged into D8 on RAMPS. Negative wire from the power supply plugs into IN, one wire from the heat bed plugs into OUT. The other terminal block holds the Positive wire from the power supply and the other wire from the heat bed. I did not have to make any firmware changes to use the relay board. I use motherboard 33.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I threw together a thread to clarify heat bed wiring. Maybe it will help - Clarifying i3/i3v heat bed and heat bed relay wiring

I think what you're saying is that you now have no wires going to the 11A terminals on the RAMPS board. As mentioned in the referenced thread, you have to get 12V applied to those terminals. This is usually done by adding short wires that are jumpered over to the 5A terminals.
    Last edited by printbus; 10-18-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Technologist
    My power supply has 3 + outputs and 3 - outputs. This is how I wired my 10" i3v:

- connections:
    One to – on the 5amp Ramps connection,
    One to – on the 11amps RAMPS connection
    one to J2 on the heat bed relay.

+ connections:
    One to + on the 5amp Ramps connection
    One to +on the 11amps RAMPS connection
    one to J1 on the heat bed

Thanks guys, I got it figured out.