Close

Thread: Business Idea

Business Idea

Hi, i am looking to start a business selling 3d printed phone cases (main specializing in Iphone cases). I have come across i cannot make models myself so i was wondering if someone could help me. I would like to know if you can tell me about the simplest interface, or give me some of the most basic designs. And help or advice is helpful. I am using a makerbot btw.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by benotten View Post
    Hi, i am looking to start a business selling 3d printed phone cases (main specializing in Iphone cases). I have come across i cannot make models myself so i was wondering if someone could help me. I would like to know if you can tell me about the simplest interface, or give me some of the most basic designs. And help or advice is helpful. I am using a makerbot btw.
    Hi!

Why don't you use the thousands of designs people are already stealing and selling on ebay?

http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=iphone+cases&sa=
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Hi!

Why don't you use the thousands of designs people are already stealing and selling on ebay?

http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=iphone+cases&sa=
    Lol. People can just download those and sell other people designs?

Follow joealarson On Twitter Add joealarson on Facebook Add joealarson on Google+ Add joealarson on Shapeways Add joealarson on Thingiverse
    If the license says they can, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by benotten View Post
    =======================================

Hi,
    I am a cad freelance designer working in automotive & industrial area past 8 years.
    I know solidworks & couple of other cad softwares.
    I can work with you.
    Please visit my portfolio on my website.
    Regards,
    Prashant
    engineerscubicle@gmail.com
    www.engineerscubicle.com

Add postmahomeson on Facebook Add postmahomeson on Google+
    well basic is a possibility , but are you sure because i think you and your would be more interested in full color than just the basic 1 solid color (for example the chameleon 3d printer by something 3d )

I am wondering how nobody still asked for a % from sellings for the advice

Technologist
    Follow raysspl On Twitter Add raysspl on Facebook
    If the models are open-sourced, you should have no problem selling them. Ideally, you want to create your own original models in order to be 100% clear.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    if you don't want to give your designs away for free - don't post them on thingiverse :-)
    It's not rocket science.
    Just like if you don't want nude pictures of yourself on the internet - Don't be stupid enough to store them online and don't blame anyone else when they pop up on websites. (ah hem, sorry about that - I get very annoyed at those who blame other people for the stupid things they did themselves)

If you want to sell your designs - use 3dsha.re or my minifactory or any of the many others that seem to be popping up all over the place.