Close

Staff Engineer

Peachy Preorders open to the Public!

Well I just got the most interesting thing in the mail!

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy Printer
    We are excited to offer you the chance to get in line for your very own Peachy Printer!
    Click here to get started.
    Get your Peachy Printer and more at our
    Official Pre-order Store!
    So yeah! All of you who missed the Kickstarter, preorders for the Peachy are finally open to the general public!
    No word on projected delivery date... I'm gonna take a wild guess and say sometime early second quarter 2015.*

*Seriously though, I have no idea (I'm not even a tester), but my gut feeling is that the early backers of the crowdfunding will see theirs in March-April, late backers and pre-orders in May-June.
    Last edited by Feign; 10-15-2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: I remembered where that gut feeling was coming from

Peachy Printer Founder
    Thanks for posting this Feign ! You beat me to it by a few min

At this point in time we estimate that pre-orders will begin to ship in July 2015.

Did anyone place order? I used the mobile site to do it but i haven't received a confirmation or anything. I was wondering if there is supposed to be one... whatever i took a screenshot of the "confirmation" page on the phone... i just wasnt sure if it bugged out on me.
    Last edited by iiviin; 10-15-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by iiviin View Post
    Hey,

did you place your order? I used the mobile site to do it but i haven't received a confirmation or anything. I was wondering if there is supposed to be one... whatever i took a screenshot of the "confirmation" page on the phone... i just wasnt sure if it bugged out on me.
    We can confirm your order personally, just email info @peachyprinter.com and Kaleb will help you out.

Staff Engineer
    I also noticed the assembled Peachy and Peachy Pro options, I wonder if maybe those two options might have dangerously distant ship dates...

I think we can pretty safely say the delays were mostly (not entirely but mostly) due to the addition of the laser on/off functionality. I feel like we can't complain about the delay too much since we were (myself included) pushing so hard for the functionality to be included.

New to forum and printing, just pre ordered mine! Can't get the scanner attachment yet though

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff2022 View Post
    New to forum and printing, just pre ordered mine! Can't get the scanner attachment yet though
    I wrote a software spike before the crowd funding campaigns to prove that every peachy printer could be a scanner too ( you will need a web cam of you own )
    We haven't improved on it yet but it will be possible to do scanning with the basic peachy printer and a web cam. The scan / point cloud shown in the Main campain video of the origami crane is a real scan done by a 100 dolar peachy printer and an hd cammera. It was done with code that I wrote in a 48 hours stint, no sleeping just hacked away at it... the code is really hard to read and so we are going to have a professional programer do a re write before adding more features.

I had some interesting things working with my spike.
    1. it made a point cloud
    2. it made a mesh ( solid wall/ shell )
    3 it collected colour data and placed it on the shell as a texture using a uv map
    Last edited by rylangrayston; 10-24-2014 at 12:57 AM.