Close

RAR SLA 3D Printer (RepRap of SLA?)

We are all so used to the various rerap 3D printer our there when it comes to FFF printing. The RepRap movement has helped to drop prices substantially for desktop FFF machines. One Russian man is trying t do sort of the same thing for SLA/Resin based printers. He has created a machine he calls the RAR 3D printer. Many of the parts of 3D printer, and the mechanics of the system use cd-rom and dvd-rom drives. More details on this machine can be found here: http://3dprint.com/18601/rar-sla-3d-printer/

Below are some specs:
    • Printer Size (L x W x H): 290 mm X 190 mm X 200 mm
    • Build Envelope (L x W x H): 80 mm x 80 mm x 80 mm
    • Minimum Layer-height: 10 Microns (0.01 mm)

Check out a picture of the RAR SLA 3D printer below. Let us know if you have tried taking up this project:

Engineer
    Looks like I need to copy them with all the junk I've been taking from CD drive. I can clearly see the 3mm smooth shaft they used those small shaft stepper!

After this gets developed a bit more, I might have to try building one. If anyone builds one, please post and tell us all how the build went and what the print quality is like.

Engineer
    There's one catch, not all smooth precision shaft have the same length from brand to another one. Sometime these needs to be cut with a dremel and believe me, it's quite hard judging they probably use stainless 316.