Close

MakerBot Stores... Has anyone been to one?

Has anyone here been to one of the MakerBot stores yet?

If so I have some questions:

- Do they allow you to bring designs in and bring them out in store? If so, what are the fees?
    - Can you try out a printer free of charge?
    - Do that have both their consumer line of printers like the Replicator 2, as well as their more advance printers on hand? Do they allow you to purchase the more advanced ones in store?
    - Does anyone have any pictures from inside one of these stores?

I'll add one question, specific to the Boston Store. Can you use their Digitizer? Do they have a 3D scanner photobooth

Quote Originally Posted by AbracadabraMan View Post
    Has anyone here been to one of the MakerBot stores yet?

If so I have some questions:

- Do they allow you to bring designs in and bring them out in store? If so, what are the fees?
    - Can you try out a printer free of charge?
    - Do that have both their consumer line of printers like the Replicator 2, as well as their more advance printers on hand? Do they allow you to purchase the more advanced ones in store?
    - Does anyone have any pictures from inside one of these stores?

My son went to the NY store a while back and had himself scanned. Came out pretty good. This was just before the Digitizer came out. I believe they only carry the MakerBot line, no Dimensions or Mojos.
    john-scan.jpgjohn-scan2.jpg second pictures is one printed at "normal' resolution and second printed at "high" resolution
    Last edited by JohnA136; 12-16-2013 at 04:11 AM.

I just visited one yesterday! They have some cool stuff there. They have a 3D Printing Photo booth that allows you to print yourself. (great for cake toppers, etc).

They also have a gumball machine that is filled with a bunch of cool things that have been printed on a MakerBot printer. They have ongoin demonstrations constantly which I found great!

Jeremia