Close

Engineer

Infograph: 3D Printing Cheat Sheet for Beginners

Thought this was a very good cheat sheet of sorts for people just beginning to get involved in 3D Printing. I know that when I started not too long ago I had to learn all about the different printers, materials, scanners, and pricing. Here is a great little infograph to at least get you guys starter.

I don't agree with the timeline. According to it, children will be doing 3D printing projects in school by 2035. I think this is bound to happen within 2 years or so, with the latest in school 3d printing initiatives by MakerBot and other organizations.

Same goes for wearable fashion. Victoria's secret is already doing this in ads. It's only 5 years away, MAX.

I'm willing to bet that we see everything on that timeline complete (perhaps with the exception of a moonbase) by 2035.

Engineer
    You know, that's what I was trying to figure out too. I don't know if they mean to put dates next to each future event. It may just be a timeline to represent the future, then just a bunch of future applications for 3D Print strewn about. I mean wearable 3D Printed fashion is already here, and I know of several schools personally which already have 3D Printers in them. I also agree about your 2035 date, perhaps even the moo base. It's very very feasible, even within 10 years if the money is there to set out on such a project.