Close

The 3D Printed e-hookah

Toronto-based oncologist, Dr. Gopal Bhatnagar, and Canadian e-cigarette company 180 Smoke have developed a 3D-printable adapter to convert traditional hookahs into e-hookahs. To encourage hookah smokers to switch from tobacco to the electronic vapor devices, the file is available for free for those who want to print their own adapter. Dr. Bhatnagar and 180 Smoke also encourage designers to download the file and customize it, then re-share. More details on these e-hookahs can be found here: http://3dprint.com/17857/3d-printed-hookah/

Would you consider switching over to the healthier e-hookahs if you are currently a hookah smoker? Why or why not?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Toronto-based oncologist, Dr. Gopal Bhatnagar, and Canadian e-cigarette company 180 Smoke have developed a 3D-printable adapter to convert traditional hookahs into e-hookahs. To encourage hookah smokers to switch from tobacco to the electronic vapor devices, the file is available for free for those who want to print their own adapter. Dr. Bhatnagar and 180 Smoke also encourage designers to download the file and customize it, then re-share. More details on these e-hookahs can be found here: http://3dprint.com/17857/3d-printed-hookah/

Would you consider switching over to the healthier e-hookahs if you are currently a hookah smoker? Why or why not?
    Not equal to 200 cigarettes, totally different substance - mainly the lack of nicotine, hence the reason you can smoke it for 4 hours and not feel sick, where as you try and even smoke 60 cigarettes in an hour (1 every minute) you would feel pretty ill, being a heavy smoker I wish I didn't know that, but sadly I do.

Alot of that article is copied from the Wiki, and even then in the attempt to alter it to avoid looking similar, it is factually incorrect..

If I used a Hooka the way it's described in the article, I would have water all over the carpet... You don't blow into a hookah

"The device sends the smoke (and carbon dioxide emitted by the user) through the water to cool it. "

Senior Engineer
    I smoke an ecig all the time now. Occasionally I will smoke a cigarette if I am at a mates house who smokes but the ecig completely removes the nicotine craving.

Not all ecigs will, I have tried them since they first came out and quite honestly they were crap but the bigger ones that you can configure for yourself really do stop the craving for a cigarette but they are so goddam big, I wondered about making one on the printer but it's the battery that makes it big so with the best will in the world you can't make it into a small thing that fits comfortably in your pocket.