Close

a newbiw requires help with a replicator dual

I have a replicator dual for two weeks then all of a sudden after printing loads of stuff it has decided to play up when starting the print all good up till heads move to back end stop and then right end stop but doesn't shutoff when reaching right end stop after about 30 seconds after reaching it and vibrates like hell I have swapped over two of the end stops to make sure the end stop isn't faulty but still does the same any help would be appreciated

have several weeks trying to sort out problems with 3d printer here's what I have learned the hard way I think,

1. my end stop issue was no more or less than a broken wire
    2. build plate problems pla not sticking to build plate on the first layer, after much time spent trying to level the build plate (many hours of frustration) so I took the build plate off and replaced it with 4mm float glass and it is perfectly level I just overlaid the ali build plate over the glass and marked the eight holes and spent a good few hours drilling the holes and countersinks in the glass and replaced the build plate with it and spent 5 mins levelling the build plate its perfect have done a test print in the for extremeties of the build plate and found the the nozzle should be the thickness of a piece of normal a4 printer paper and the nozzle should just grip paper when levelling the plate the undo all four adjusters by 1/4 of a turn , and use frog tape over the glass I can now get about 20 prints with out changing the frog tape.

I hopes this helps someone or a newbi like me or was

Engineer
    It's a common problem, the belt tensioner gets stuck to the pulley. Endstop never send signals.It's not good for the motor.

There exists several type of paint tape, not all of them are good. Frog tapes becomes expansive on long run.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by juper42 View Post
    I have a replicator dual for two weeks then all of a sudden after printing loads of stuff it has decided to play up when starting the print all good up till heads move to back end stop and then right end stop but doesn't shutoff when reaching right end stop after about 30 seconds after reaching it and vibrates like hell I have swapped over two of the end stops to make sure the end stop isn't faulty but still does the same any help would be appreciated
    Yeah, on the very odd occasion with my replicator dual clone that when it homes, the X axis will do the same as you have described, vibrating violently and does not seem to register it has hit home.

If you have replaced the endstop, does the X carriage stop when its printing if you put your finger on the X endstop and trick it? does hitting the endstop in question do anything at all?

I recently had a RAMPS board connected to an ATMEGA2560, I lost my X endstop reading. Of course, thought it was the endstop... No. Was it the Ramps? no replaced that... Surely the mega2560 doesnt have a small fault and wont read the endstop trigger???? YEP!

So my X- endstop problem was much deeper than just an endstop, I must have shorted it out playing with wires while it was turned on. -I hope this isnt your issue.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

I know bought 5 rolls half price from tescos when it was on sale the other tape I was using is vinyl application tape as it comes in 6 or 12 inch widths its not a good as frog tape but its about 20 quid for 200 meters