Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    just print it with whatever you like.
    As I remember I think i printed the t rex skull at 0.3 layer height and it came out fine. Hel, bacj teh I thibk I even printed it in abs on an open frame printer.

It's a pretty forgiving model. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:308335

Its not about getting the job printed, its about getting the amazing quality he got. I'm trying to print a totally different model on a Flashforge, an I want an as-built surface finish similar to what he got. It would save me a few dial-in runs if I had a good starting point. Usually I don't aim for that type of surface quality so I don't have settings figured out yet.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    He sanded and painted it.
    That finish is not 3d printed :-)

Print it at 0.1mm layer height. It'll take a helluva long time but be very good quality finish.

If you actually read the thread - all settings, temps etc are mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    He sanded and painted it.
    That finish is not 3d printed :-)

Print it at 0.1mm layer height. It'll take a helluva long time but be very good quality finish.

If you actually read the thread - all settings, temps etc are mentioned.

If YOU actually read the thread you'd see that the second sentence is "This is straight out of the Flashforge Creator Dual without any cleanup"

Student
    Add Poguetx on Thingiverse
    This was one of the first prints I did on my Creator Pro. I printed at 60% size in PLA. It turned out great with no supports (I did use a raft on the rod). Gave me a lot of into about how strictly you need to adhere to the 45 degree rule for supports. Hope it doesn't get me into trouble with other builds! ;-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123