Close

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Has anyone found any YouTube videos yet from users? I can't find any except ones from the official New Matter channel. Was hoping to see some "raw" footage to hear what it sounds like and get a feel for the real unit, not so glossy, if you will.

Just received mine about an hour ago very nice design, packaging and information. I only have one issue so far I am trying to diagnose. I cannot get it to connect to either of my wifi networks at work. Both are 802.11-N. I think one is setup to do B/G+N. Any others having this issue? Did the firmware update out of the box and tried their only suggestion online (power off and disconnect the usb and try again).

It is a little noisy (different than my other very noise (fan) on the I3). The rack and pinion definitely isn't quiet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXMHi39zncQ

I cannot connect to wifi for some reason so pointers for that would be appreciated. I do not use Cura or Slicer so any settings that would help with Simplify3D would be appreciated. I can probably convert the Cura settings if you post the meat of what is needed.

What exactly does the Temperature Calibration do? At first I thought it was broken because it looked like it was printing but nothing was extruding. It looks like the nozzle parks just above the surface then moves back and forth many times slowly lowering? until it hits the bed then raises up and starts to heat and print.

Question or feedback. My test print just finished but the desktop shows 9 minutes remaining and printer at 71% complete (status shows Printing). So there is a bug there. This is from the utility directly over usb.

NewMatter Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesarm97 View Post
    I cannot connect to wifi for some reason so pointers for that would be appreciated.

Hi, we're sorry you're having some difficulty trying to connect to wi-fi. Can you please reach out to our customer support team? They'll be happy to walk you through the process. We have Live Chat available at http://support.newmatter.com or you can call us toll free at 1-866-949-8722. Thank you and we look forward to helping you out!

I was logged in and pretty much had the chat going all day. It connected but now the problem was anytime I tried to send a print via the cloud it started the sending then after a minute or so would show disconnected online and would never finish the load. I go the local test file printed but really, really could use some offline slicing settings because the cloud isn't going to cut it all the time. I use Simplify3d and tried to use the start and end code from the local test gcode file and it went through the motions of loading the file, waiting for the button press, calibration then moved up and said the print was done. For some reason none of the code past calibration seemed to be executed but I verified the file looked just about like the sample except for the in-between code. It didn't even print the "purge line" which I had copied over. Slicer settings please.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMatter View Post
    Hi, we're sorry you're having some difficulty trying to connect to wi-fi. Can you please reach out to our customer support team? They'll be happy to walk you through the process. We have Live Chat available at http://support.newmatter.com or you can call us toll free at 1-866-949-8722. Thank you and we look forward to helping you out!

Staff Engineer
    Well, this is just a pickle... Apparently the latest Windows 10 update that installed (without asking, even though I have it set to ask me before installing updates) has put my laptop into a loop of BSODs (crashing straight from the login screen) that only stopped when I disabled wifi and plugged into the wired network connection. Now after that, my MOD-t doesn't find any wifi connections available when searching in the Printer Tool, but I was able to connect to my wifi manually, so now it says it is connected to the wifi in the, but on the store site it consistently says the printer is disconnected.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I dd say a while back that windows 10 was best avoided. And one of my main reasons was that you have no control of updates.

The best you can do is to disable all updates in a the administrative options section.
    Frankly this should be the default setting for ALL versions of windows. No updates, ever !

basically you need to do a system restore to before the update - make sure you are OFFLINE.
    Then disable updates (look it up if you're not sure where they've hidden the administrative options section) and THEN reconnect the internet. Otherwise it'll just reinstall the same update.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast