Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Follow wpilgrim On Twitter Add wpilgrim on Facebook Add wpilgrim on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by geetikas View Post
    Watched the video and was able to open up the extruder fairly easily. No major issues except that my screwdriver kept getting stuck to the magnets and the spring on top of the nozzle came out as well and had to be put back in place.
    Anyway, I removed the clog, closed the extruder and put it back in place. I was able to load the filament and it started extruding. Then I started a test print. It printed a little but then stopped extruding again! now I cant unload the filament even. It seems to be stuck inside. Tried loading and unloading several times but no luck Please help again!!!
    Unfortunately I don't know much more to tell you, as I don't have a gen 5 printer. I would imagine it is clogged again, but without having been through that scenario myself I couldn't give you good advice on the direction to take. Over on the site. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/makerbot-users There are many gen 5 users. Hopefully one of them can be of more assistance. Good luck

Follow wpilgrim On Twitter Add wpilgrim on Facebook Add wpilgrim on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DPBuser View Post
    I was going by the number of Home Depot stores... over 2000... so just one sale a week per store is 2000 printers a week.
    Ah I see. The Home depot/Makerbot program is in pilot stage right now, there are actually only 12 home depots that are selling Makerbot products at the moment. Obviously more stores means more sales when they do expand but they haven't as of yet.

Senior Engineer
    Is it still getting up to temperature?

If so then you need to unload it but pull it as it is unloading, do not pull hard enough to snap the filament or you will have to pull it apart again to clear it out. Once unloaded then cut off 3 inches and reload it again. The reason it may not unload is that the jam has caused the filament to be stripped so the pull push wheel can't pull it hard enough.

What filament are you using, is it known to be good filament?

It is heating up. Tried pulling the filament while unloading but it didnt come out I am using the original PLA that came with the MakerBot. I think the problem could be that when I print the plate is too close to the extruder tip, although I do level it each time. Read somewhere that that can cause melted filament to back up into the unheated part of the extruder and cool.

Guess I'll have to open it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Is it still getting up to temperature?

If so then you need to unload it but pull it as it is unloading, do not pull hard enough to snap the filament or you will have to pull it apart again to clear it out. Once unloaded then cut off 3 inches and reload it again. The reason it may not unload is that the jam has caused the filament to be stripped so the pull push wheel can't pull it hard enough.

What filament are you using, is it known to be good filament?
    You were right. The filament was stripped inside had a hard time getting it out, but managed in the end. However now I am having trouble putting the extruder back together. The cover wont snap on. Seems like something isnt sitting properly in the case

Managed to get it going! Yippee! Printed the nut & bolt successfully! Thanks a ton for all your help!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123