Close

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    I really need to look at the changes that have been made. So far i have abl setup on the 12" its working great!

Sniffle, are you a C programmer? The whole problem with getting this merged back into the main tree is the person has to have an assortment of skills. While I know the programming (firmware and hardware side), I can't seem to get a grip on the GitHub system. I managed to get the M48 Z-Probe-Repeatability code merged back in. But every attempt after that went sideways. That is why I was so anxious to get DACB's fork fully functional. I wanted to get that merged back into the main tree. But he is busy and as a result, everything is frozen in time.

If you had the code base packaged up nicely, would you be willing (and able) to fight your way through the GitHub system to get it ready for Erik Zalm to look at?

And, if not Sniffle... Is there anybody out there willing and able to fight the GitHub system for a good cause????
    Last edited by Roxy; 12-19-2014 at 07:15 PM.

I suck at git, but as i have time i should be able to work on it

Great response! I'm actually quite versed in git as I use it everyday at work. Time is my limiting factor. Marriage made via internet. Please feel free to PM me.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Just for the record, I have the time and the desire, but really only grasp the basics as far as programming, am really not into the complexities of github, and continue to not need ABL on my printer. I disqualify myself, at least for this round.

as far as my qualifications, before having 2 kids under 2 I was in the middle of changing careers by means of a computer science degree. They taught in Java at UAB, as far as concepts, I am well versed in all points leading up to and including OO, but my actual coding skills are rusty and as far as C/C++ is concerned, it's just syntax at this point :-P

so yeah my time is constrained by a 20 month old, and a 3 month old... but i obviously find/make time for hobbies or i would go crazy :-P

I'll help out as i can, but first i need to get hip deep into it like you guys are because right now for me it's like looking down a rabbit hole and wondering how deep it goes... because i have no clue what all you guys have done to it.

I'm willing to help, if I can.

The usual approach is to create a clean topic branch from the master, get all your changes on that branch, pushed up to your fork, and then submit a pull request.

I wonder if it would make sense to make the 'Clean Topic Branch' something like 'Marlin Enhancements from 3dprintboard' ? And if we did it right... The MakerFarm stuff would be a #define added to the Configuration.h file? And for that matter, perhaps everything else is there with #define's like the G29 Bed Correction matrix saved to EEPROM ?

UPDATE: One thing that would be very helpful would be if everybody that can, load what ever it is we think we are going to submit. That would let us get some test time of the final code before it got submitted to help insure everything is fully cooked.
    Last edited by Roxy; 12-20-2014 at 07:02 PM.

I will say roxy you definitely need to check the current codebase. In the version of marlin i downloaded some of you features have already been implemented. I went and looked at the marlin firmware updates and i was able to specify the number of points to probe, raise z Xmm before probing(which is only partially working the initial home probe isnt raising but does get underneath enough to trigger the endstop and then doublecheck its measurement.) etc.

Starting again from a fresh up to date marlin and inputting codd that hasnt been yet and quickly requesting a pull request after testing is probably a good idea.

Engineer
    I guess this will have to wait a bit, EZ's Marlin just went into a bug-fix feature-freeze. I guess that gives us more time to figure out what to do with the MakerFarm-specific parts and test them to be stable before issuing a pull request.

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast