Close

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
    Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Start from a scratch compile, undefine their default display and define the graphics controller. Unless there is a very new bug, it should compile.

Bob

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    What is your compile error?

I did a debug build for someone a long time ago, and what it boiled down to was this (from configuration.h at the time)

// ==> REMEMBER TO INSTALL U8glib to your ARDUINO library folder: https://github.com/olikraus/U8glib_Arduino

Without that library, the graphic stuff won't build.

EDIT: Ah. Just saw your comment that came in while I was typing.
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
    Hi

Start from a scratch compile, undefine their default display and define the graphics controller. Unless there is a very new bug, it should compile.

Bob
    I got it working! I found a typo in the following section:

"#define PREHEAT_1_TEMP_HOTEND 180
    #define PREHEAT_1_TEMP_BED 70
    #define PREHEAT_1_FAN_SPEED 0"

So when it was trying to compile it couldn't match those values with another .h file. All is fixed for now. Thank you!

Engineer-in-Training
    Glad it's working !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    I apologize for all the questions, but I do appreciate your knowledge and time.

This morning I started modifying the RC Bug Fix and then I read this comment. In the future I am planning on using the BL touch to implement ABL/Mesh Leveling. if I understand your comment correctly, with RC Bug Fix it won't save the Mesh but will run at the start of every print to create that mesh. Is this correct?

I just want to ensure whatever firmware I use I will be setup for success with my planned upgrades.
    Yes... Your understanding is correct. And incidentally, the BL-Touch stuff was added after UBL forked from RC-7. So you can use a BL-Touch with UBL, but you have to set it up as manually instead of just saying you have a BL-Touch probe. I'm off skiing in Taos. As soon as I get back I'm going to be doing a 3-way merge to get UBL running on top of RC-8. At that point, the simple BL-Touch support will be in UBL also. Realistically, it will be a week or two into January before that happens.

But if you are going to do Mesh Bed Leveling... You really should consider bringing up the UBL system. You will get 100% adhesion across the entire bed every time.

I use Sketchup pro to design my models and I just export the STL file into simplifying 3D and boom chicken soup I can create 2 color prints any shape I want really easy if you're interested I have included a link to YouTube showing the process https://youtu.be/TXpJW1RhCA4

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by techinout View Post
    I use Sketchup pro to design my models and I just export the STL file into simplifying 3D and boom chicken soup I can create 2 color prints any shape I want really easy if you're interested I have included a link to YouTube showing the process https://youtu.be/TXpJW1RhCA4
    Hi

The problems come when you have multiple colors (say 4) and they are all present on a layer (think Rubix cube). Unlike simple color change past this layer stuff, that sort of thing is not easily handled at several levels in our existing tool chains. Brewing up 4 interlocking STL's and getting them all set up is the way it's done. Not a lot of fun ....

Bob

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940