Close

Graphene 3D Labs Partners With Stony Brook Univeristy

Graphene 3D Lab Inc. has reported that they have entered a partnership with Stony Brook University to research the used of graphene in 3D printer filaments. The partnership will give Graphene 3D access to Stony Brook's Center for advanced Sensor Technology so that they can do quality and performance testing on their graphene filament and other materials. More details on this partnership can be found here: http://3dprint.com/16257/graphene-3d-lab-stony-brook/

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this partnership, and what it does to advance Graphene 3D's technology. When do you guys think a Graphene filament will be available to the market? I assume it will be some sort of composite, right?

Patent question

Is this patent so general as to inhibit all forms of graphene in batteries made from a 3d printer or is it specific to using Graphene 3d Lab's proprietary graphene-containing filament? If it's the prior I will be very disappointed in our patent office.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Graphene 3D Lab Inc. has reported that they have entered a partnership with Stony Brook University to research the used of graphene in 3D printer filaments. The partnership will give Graphene 3D access to Stony Brook's Center for advanced Sensor Technology so that they can do quality and performance testing on their graphene filament and other materials. More details on this partnership can be found here: http://3dprint.com/16257/graphene-3d-lab-stony-brook/

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this partnership, and what it does to advance Graphene 3D's technology. When do you guys think a Graphene filament will be available to the market? I assume it will be some sort of composite, right?