Close

Thread: Printrbot

Printrbot

Just because it is missing in the list:

I bought a printrbot LC about a year ago on http://printrbot.com/

You can buy them as a kit and assemble them yourself.

They shipped mine over to germany which worked well. Unfortunately there were some parts missing and the support did not respond to my mails. So I had to cut out the parts by myself.

Anyway the result works good. I'm using the printr a lot and it still works fine.

If you like to read more about my experience with it:
    http://www.femoral.de/printrbot (unfortunately in german)

Master92

I worked for Printrbot for a while after the kickstarter launch. He has a thin profit margin if any, so he does not have a staff to handle the flood of correspondence from thousands of customers.

How easy are Printrbot's to assemble compared to most RepRaps?

When assembling any RepRap, it is the instructions that matter the most. So you can go online and look for available instructions and see if you can follow every single detail.
    If the kit involves laser cut parts, you have to realize that some of the parts may not be cut all of the way through, so you will need sharp tools to separate the parts, plus sandpaper and wood rasps.
    If the kit has printed parts, the quality might be pretty poor. Find STL files for those parts online so that you can print new replacements.
    For the last Printrbot that I assembled, Brook claimed a 2 hour assembly time. It was much more than that due to the poor instructions, bad laser cut quality, and the fact that I was using it to teach two young students by having them do most of the work, lol. By myself, with lots of experience and the right tools in my shop, it would have been about 5 hours.

Technologist
    I built my own printrbot. In all, it was a very long and tedious experience, but well worth the reward.