Close

WirePrint 3D Software

What if you could produce quick, easy prototypes with your 3D printer, rather than waiting a day and a night to see what you need to change? WirePrint is on the right track with their software that allows the user to print low fidelity wireframe previews that can be printed ten times faster, as the filament is extruded right into space, working up and out, rather than layer by layer, filling in a solid 3D piece. This process gives the user more opportunity to check their process, without printing the traditional layered filament 3-D printed piece until the very end. More details on this new software can be found here: http://3dprint.com/15737/wireprint-3d-print

Check out some example prints using the WirePrint software below:

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Gives even more incentive to build a delta :-)

Very neat and very clever.

But I'm not sure I'd want to try it on my flashforge.

Student
    If you realize that many of us using 3d print technology are modelers and artists this wire frame printing idea is very interesting. Instead of making completely modeled pieces we can very quickly make the frame, coat with say plaster or clay and get a reasonable facsimile of the finished product. We can easily use the wire frame model for spacial context, that is 'does it fit' type settings. We can very quickly make lots of back ground pieces to highlight the foreground actual modeled product. I am very excited by this technology, I hope it becomes available as a product soon. Russ

I am an artist and a professor of digital fabrication and 3D design...This software would be invaluable to both my art practice and for educational use. I often use my 3D printer to create models for larger works. A wireframe model would be an incredible visualization tool. I also discuss wireframe volumes in 3D Design and my students are required to make physical wireframe models, using actual wire, for one of their intro projects. If they were able to see a volumetric wireframe form being built in a physical three-dimensional space the lesson would stick. I have built 2 printers, an OB1.4 and Delta, and would definitely modify one for optimal use with this software. Please let me know if a beta version will be available for testing, or when/where I might get this software when it becomes available. Best of luck with development!

www.jasonjferguson.com