Close

I think Filastruder sent me the wrong hotend

Hey guys. I bought an E3DV6 hotend for 1.75mm filament from Filastruder about 3 weeks ago and today I received it, but I noticed the hole where the filament goes in looks quite large.

Here are some pics:

With 1.75mm filament in:

The filament wiggles around quite a bit. Hope I'm wrong, thanks for any help guys

Tim here, from Filastruder. For starters, wouldn't it have been better to contact Filastruder about this directly? I only stumbled across it while google searching Filastruder by chance.

Second, that is definitely a 1.75mm hotend. Did you bother to read the assembly instructions? You need to install the 1.75mm PTFE tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoret View Post
    Tim here, from Filastruder. For starters, wouldn't it have been better to contact Filastruder about this directly? I only stumbled across it while google searching Filastruder by chance.

Second, that is definitely a 1.75mm hotend. Did you bother to read the assembly instructions? You need to install the 1.75mm PTFE tubing.
    I actually followed a video tutorial on the in assembly guide here: http://e3d-online.com/E3D-v6-Assembly and I did contact you via email, also, isnt the tubing only for Bowden setups? I have a Wades extruder.

Just saw your email, sent 20 minutes ago at 12:20EST (you posted this thread 2 hours ago). Please do not imply I'm ignoring emails.

This video is an overview and not an exhaustive replacement for the written instructions below.
    Again, the video is just an overview. The details are in the written instructions.

The PTFE tubing in the 1.75mm Direct configuration is not optional, you must use the tubing or the HotEnd will not function properly.
    The instructions aren't there because we got bored and had nothing to do. They're there because they're important. Apologies for being a bit frustrated but it wastes my time and yours when you don't read the instructions. Lose-lose all around.
    Last edited by elmoret; 09-15-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoret View Post
    Just saw your email, sent 20 minutes ago at 12:20EST (you posted this thread 2 hours ago). Please do not imply I'm ignoring emails.

Again, the video is just an overview. The details are in the written instructions.

The instructions aren't there because we got bored and had nothing to do. They're there because they're important. Apologies for being a bit frustrated but it wastes my time and yours when you don't read the instructions. Lose-lose all around.
    Well sorry for missing that bit of text.... and I never said or had the intent of implying you ignored my email. Sure you can be frustrated, but letting it get the better of you and being rude to a paying customer isn't very professional.

Thanks for the help, everything is sorted out.
    Last edited by TehStranger; 09-16-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Now that you have it sorted out, how about a review? How does it print, was it easy to install, are you happy with it now, is it replacing a previous extruder and how does it compare? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    Now that you have it sorted out, how about a review? How does it print, was it easy to install, are you happy with it now, is it replacing a previous extruder and how does it compare? Thanks!
    I have a busy schedule this week but I'll try printing something on the weekend and post back with the results. Cheers