Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good Catch!

The gentleman who loaded the first video is watching - he promised to upload an update when he had a successful print.

http://youtu.be/1D89-663YwI

This looks bad. I hope it's all just because of a too-high first layer, but the start if extrusion looks bad and there's a bunch of crap bits floating around.

Yes, it's not very reassuring. I am hoping that the firmware results in close to a plug and play printer setup, rather than having to fiddle around with the thing to get decent results. I think these beta units are coming with BuildTak surfaces, which are extremely sensitive to the thickness of the first layer. For what it's worth, we found that if the first layer is the right height or too squashed, ABS sticks to BuildTak like crazy. If the first layer is too high, it doesn't seem to stick at all.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Technologist
    Follow RAMTechRob On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMTechRob View Post
    2 more weeks and I will make one for unboxing and printing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck View Post
    Are you a November backer and just got a survey?

Yes, about a week ago now.

Student
    Add icanthinkofanid on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck View Post

These are are my videos, if there is anything you'd like to see just let me know. I've had my printer about 1 month now. There's been lots of kinks but the team at m3d are working hard on fixing them.

Also I have a short unboxing video. Maybe I'll post it later, it needed a bit of editing.

Would love to see the unboxing! Could you make a video showing the auto-levelling sequence and perhaps a "tour" of the machine (what's under the build plate, how does the extruder cover come off, etc).

Thanks!

It's great that you're posting these - tremendously reassuring to see a functioning printer! Thanks very much!

Student
    Add icanthinkofanid on Thingiverse
    As soon as I find the video I recorded during unboxing I will post it. It was very short. I will also do some how to's on loading filaments internally and externally and the extruded cover. Maybe even show you around the software which is very basic. Expect some more tonight.

As for the auto leveling it is not active in the beta units. The team at M3d has promised to have it working soon, they will be getting our beta units back and refitting them with the components required for it around the time the production units ship. At that time they plan to refit all the beta units with the new pullyes(due to serious error mine as already been fitted with the new pullyes).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast