Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Micro Center Now Carries 3D Printers at All Locations

There was a big deal made when Home Depot decided to carry MakerBot 3D printers at 12 locations, earlier this year. Now, we have confirmed that Micro Center is carrying 3D printers from 5 different manufacturers at all 25 of their locations in the United States. Some of these manufacturers have more than 1 printer available as well. This is pretty big news, as it is the first large scale adoptions of 3D printers of multiple brands within chain retail outlet. Read and see more at: http://3dprint.com/14493/micro-center-3d-printers/

Staff Engineer
    Ooh, last time I was at Micro Center they were only carrying Makerbot. I'll probably drop by this weekend and check out their selection. (I'd go sooner, but it's a significant drive to my nearest Micro Center...)

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I've noticed the Colorado store slowly expanding the selection. I remember at least a MakerBot, DaVinci, and Printrbot on display on my last visit. They also seem to always have a MakerBot running a print - people have stopped to watch it almost every time I'm in the store. They also have TonerPlastics filament at an affordable price, if you can catch it in stock.
    Last edited by printbus; 09-15-2014 at 09:50 AM.

man, I wish they had one of these stores where I live.