Close



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    We have had a CubePro since March. It is capable of very good prints. But we had great difficulty with the filament. It breaks frequently. I counted 17 breaks in one cartridge over time. It was broken in 3 places at once as we attempted one print job.
    When it breaks like this it is very difficult to get out of the tube. The last cartridge I attempted to use was tangled up and would not come out of the cartridge. This was a new cartridge still in a sealed foil container. The other problem is clogged print jets.
    I am dealing with one now. We may have to replace the print jet assembly again. It is very difficult to thread the filament into the print jet to begin with.

  2. #12
    Super Moderator JohnA136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    530
    We have a couple of cubes in our print farm (both 3 & Pro) and I have noticed the same thing. It prints well but I have had several cartridges break filament. It seems to be more prevalent in the PLA Cartridges and is a real pain to take them apart and re-thread them. I also have a brand new cartridge of Black that just refuses to print!

  3. #13
    Was hoping this was a more hands off machine, and was attracted by the boasted high print speed. Definitely has needed a lot of attention. Still haven't figured out why the software can't always properly render supports for overhanging designs. Print speed is fast!

  4. #14
    Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    283
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ragod222 View Post
    Was hoping this was a more hands off machine, and was attracted by the boasted high print speed. Definitely has needed a lot of attention. Still haven't figured out why the software can't always properly render supports for overhanging designs. Print speed is fast!

    Are you using the Support-borders setting? The other alternative is to make use of the dual heads (if you have a dual head version and use their Infinity wash away support filament, basically PVA.

  5. #15
    Engineer-in-Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Posts
    201
    We have one at work and while well built it is essentially worthless. The filament breakage and the print quality (while it has gotten better) is still sub standard. The flash forge that I have at home just blows it away. The biggest PITA is the software and support structures. It is almost impossible to remove the supports on an intricate part. To anyone even concidering any 3D Systems product on the lower end to run. There are way better choices out there.

  6. #16
    Super Moderator JohnA136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    530
    I had heard that 3D Systems is discontinuing all their low end printers including the Cube and Cube Pro?

  7. #17
    Engineer-in-Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Posts
    201
    I have not heard that but it wouldn't surprise me a bit. They tried to shove their proprietary everything into an open systems market. If they had a product worthy of it with the software to back it up I might be able to live with it.

  8. #18
    Staff Engineer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    900
    I heard they discontinued the entry-level Cube printer at the beginning of the year, but as far as I know they're still producing and selling the Cube Pro - you can Buy One Now, in fact: http://www.3dsystems.com/3d-printers/personal/cubepro

  9. #19
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    29
    Hey Todd if you want more of a hands off printer try the QIDI Tech. I had no 3D printing experience, pulled it out of the box, and have been printing trouble free ever since. I probably have over 250 hours by now. The printer just works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd-67 View Post
    I have not heard that but it wouldn't surprise me a bit. They tried to shove their proprietary everything into an open systems market. If they had a product worthy of it with the software to back it up I might be able to live with it.

  10. #20
    Engineer-in-Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by svt04cobra View Post
    Hey Todd if you want more of a hands off printer try the QIDI Tech. I had no 3D printing experience, pulled it out of the box, and have been printing trouble free ever since. I probably have over 250 hours by now. The printer just works.
    That is essentially a flash forge creator pro knockoff. I have a FF printer now and I like it a lot. It out performs the cube hands down. I am not looking for a hands off printer quite the opposite. I want a printer where I have control over everything like I do with symplify3d and my FF

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •